Friday, August 31, 2007

Shaka, when the walls fell

That's from one of my favorite TNG episodes.

The dining room wall came down Wednesday (pics here). I had been having some difficulty picturing how it would look. Intellectually, it made sense and I thought it would be good, but I couldn’t really “see” it in my mind’s eye. A left-brain limitation, I suppose. It look greats, however. It really opens up that half of the house.

Yesterday (8/30) the plumber did most of what he needed to do, viz., ran the water and drain lines to the prep sink area. He did not run water to the refrigerator location. I am assuming that he is planning on it, but I’ll remind Ray nevertheless.

Today I met with the electrician. We discussed switch and outlet (electricians refer to those as “devices”) locations, light placement, etc. He’s replacing our circa 1960 circuit breaker box and bringing all that up to code. He is also putting a cable connection in the dining room for a computer or TV hookup. All in all, the electrical is fairly straight forward.

Next week Wednesday we're meeting with Jill to choose our specific granite.

Everything should be back on for the weekend. I’ll be working Saturday (mostly for moral support. I'm coming in late - 8:00. My guys are coming in late as well - 6:00) and Laurie is going to St Francis Days.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

That is indeed a great TNG episode.

The pictures really look like good progress is being made. I agree with your guy, the big entrance to your dining room makes everything open up.