Friday, August 24, 2007

Packing, 5Sing, Elvis, and Banks

We’re starting on Monday. Hard to believe. It’s taken 5 months to get to this point.

Last night I moved a lot of furniture, packed up a bunch of things, took down most of the art, and rolled up the rugs. Laurie was out with friends seeing Elvis.
She’s taking today off to do a lot more packing. I suggested the heuristics she uses when packing are:
• If you don’t think we’ll need it in the next six weeks, we wont: pack it.
• If you don’t think we’ll need it at all, we won’t: toss it.
• If you don’t remember it: toss it.

I believe it was Brother Dan who suggested moving every five years just so that you can purge your stuff. We’ve been in the house 14 years now…ouch. My niece Madeline is supposed to stop by this weekend to pick up a computer. We’ll make her carry boxes.

I spoke with our back about shifting our home equity credit to a loan. Their interest rate is 7.55%. I also went through Lending Tree. Within 10 minutes of submitting my application I started getting phone calls: pretty efficient. The lowest rate I got from them was 7.29%. That’s not much and I’d rather stick with my bank. However, I’ll wait till the projects complete in the hopes that Bernanke caves on interest rates. I suspect that M&I will match the rate I got through Lending Tree.

Anyway, we’re preparing to eat off paper plates, cook with a microwave, grill out everything (wonder what will happen to bacon), and eat out a lot.
Demolition photos next week.

No comments: