Friday, July 27, 2007

Pow!

We agreed on our project yesterday.

I had them pull out the electrical and plumbing until I decide if we want to go with my guys or theirs. I suspect that we’ll go with my electrical and their plumber.

We were there late last night and Jill was unable to process our home equity card, so I need to stop by today to put down the deposit (50%). At that time she’ll have the amended contract.

She expects that they will start on or about august 20th and it will take six to eight weeks. Ray, the owner, thought it would take about five. I will press them for a Gantt chart. I am hoping for our first entertaining meal on October 7th.

Tomorrow we need to go and put some geeters down on the appliances, so that they can "release the specs” to Artisan, as though we need to keep that info out of the hands of Al Qaeda. We’ll go with the Dacor cooktop, warming drawer, oven, and oven/micro. We need to press them on the refrigerator and the dishwasher, but that shouldn’t be an issue.

I have never done anything like this before and am unsure how to feel about it. I’m pretty excited to see the final result, but my Appleton upbringing comes back to haunt me…”Gosh! Why would you spend that kind of money? Don’t your cabinets work right now?”

I will begin a web album shortly.

No comments: