Monday, June 25, 2007

Soffits

Soffits

We have soffits in our kitchen. In fact, there are 12 separate vertical faces. Any time I see a soffit I always think that it is there for a reason, especially in someplace like a kitchen. Why lose the space if they aren’t hiding something? So, the soffits in our kitchen are cause for concern.

Last Friday Jill and Ray (the owner of Artisan Kitchen) stopped by to see what is behind them. The drilled 4” holes in them to see what they could see. Bupkis. No steam pipes, no plumbing, a little bit of electrical cable & doorbell wiring, but that’s it. That was encouraging.

We will be meeting with them again sometime next week to get their quotation. I hope that I’m not shocked again.

Actually, the events of the past week have made me want to loosen the purse strings. I’ll probably get over that, but that’s what I’m thinking now.

1 comment:

Dan Piette said...

Spend it while you got it.